Sunday, October 12, 2008

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

"Hey dude, did you . . . see that?"

I am half asleep, idling in my thoughts of self-redemption, when the man next to me utters these words. I open my eyes to find this curious individual staring out his window and into the sky.

"Did you see it?" he repeats. Seeing as I am the only other passenger on this bus, I assume his question is meant for my ears.

"Uh, no. What is it?"

"The sky is filled with pearls."

I am awake now, trying to shuffle off the layers of sleep my mind so desperately craves. Pushing him aside, I take a look outside the window.

4 comments:

imbrilliant said...

Don't leave me hanging,
are there pearls or not?

:]

grinning mouths said...

I was able to draw reference to a passage of scripture from the Book of Revelations:

"I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. I looked and behold, a pale horse. And his name that sat on him was Death. And Hell followed with him."

There was also mention of "a golden ladder reaching down," in reference to a dream Jacob had in Genesis 28:12.

I think this story is about the end of the world.

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Great share, thanks for your time

Anonymous said...

download