Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Night Terrors

I can remember quite vividly dumping your dismembered body into the campus dumpster while thousands of students rushed hurriedly to their next class, oblivious to the contents of the unmarked shopping cart and the industrial-sized trash bag it contained.

Those Instagram feeds and Facebook profiles aren't going to update themselves, you know, I remember thinking. Keep your eyes on the screen in front of you and ignore me entirely.

I can also remember being pulled aside by a superior and speaking with him for several minutes while two campus police officers interviewed a student directly outside the dumpster in question. While their backs were turned I coolly wiped my fingerprints from the shopping cart handle before slipping back unnoticed into the crowd.

No comments: